A child’s curiosity and natural desire to learn are like a tiny flame, easily extinguished unless it’s protected and given fuel. This book will help you as a parent both protect that flame of curiosity and supply it with the fuel necessary to make it burn bright throughout your child’s life. Let’s ignite our children’s natural love of learning!
Update: News stories have been posted below.
Yesterday, a husband, father of six young sons, and LDS Bishop was murdered inside the chapel in which he was serving. In response to this tragic event, I established a fundraiser to help raise money for the family.
My mother and I distributed the link to friends and family, with an initial goal of $2,000. That goal was met within four hours, and has steadily been increased since then as the response has now become overwhelming. I have spent the entire morning today talking to reporters and answering questions about this fundraising effort.
Some have wondered if I am a scammer hoping to fly off to Hawaii with the money. Those who know me personally, frequent this blog, or follow me through Facebook or Twitter have thankfully stepped in to vouch for my integrity and sincere intent. 100% of the funds received are being sent directly to the Sannar family, to be used at their discretion.
I have been absolutely amazed and humbled by this. I was not looking to be in the middle of this initiative, nor do I have the desire for any limelight. I simply wanted to raise a few dollars that could be sent as an expression of love and support from afar. At the time of publishing this post, we’re now over $17,000 in donations received.
Thank you. Thank you. I am so humbled by good, generous people. I’m sure that for some, this effort has restored some semblance of faith in humanity, and our collective ability as Latter-day Saints to succor those in need.
If you can, please donate, and help spread the word.
Here are some of the news stories and blog posts that have been produced:
- LDS bishop shot and killed at church in California (FOX 13 video)
- Utah County residents pledge online for murdered LDS bishop (Daily Herald article)
- Web fund hits $60,000 for slain bishop’s family (Daily Herald article)
- Lehi man sets up fundraising site for murdered bishop’s family (Daily Herald article)
- Donation site for Sannar family is the real thing (Visalia Times Delta article)
- KC-Developed Website Gains National Buzz (KCFreePress.com)
- Slain LDS bishop remembered (ABC4 article)
- Using Social Media for Good: Fundraising for Slain LDS Bishop (LDS Media Talk blog post)
- Death of Mormon Bishop Prompts Kindness, Donations (Mormon Soprano blog post)
…and several other interviews, the recordings/articles of which I’ve not been able to find. I don’t know 3/4 of the news agencies I spoke to today. :P