A child’s curiosity and natural desire to learn are like a tiny flame, easily extinguished unless it’s protected and given fuel. This book will help you as a parent both protect that flame of curiosity and supply it with the fuel necessary to make it burn bright throughout your child’s life. Let’s ignite our children’s natural love of learning!
Our dollar has been in trouble for a while. Things are not getting better (which means, yes, they are getting worse).
The following are some links containing information regarding our dollar that I’ve recently come across.
- Interview with international investor Jim Rogers on the dollar
- Central Bank of Iran has moved away entirely from the dollar
- IMF chief warns dollar may suffer ‘abrupt fall’
- Dollar Hits Now Low Against Euro
- IMF says dollar ‘overvalued’
- Japan and China lead flight from the dollar
- Vicente Fox Admits Plan for New North American Currency
- Weak dollar prompts record foreign buyouts of U.S. companies
- Paper Money and Tyranny, by Ron Paul
- Chinese Officials Threaten To Pull the Plug on the U.S. Dollar
- Kuwait forced to end link with dollar
- Doomsday for the Greenback
- Inflation Calculator (shows that our dollar is worth four cents of the original 1913 Federal Reserve Note)
- Chris posted some good links on the economy/dollar here.
- Read more about the dollar or the economy.
Here’s a graph showing the dollar index in the past couple of years:
Up until a few months ago, the dollar had never fallen below 80 on the index chart. Now it’s hovering around 77/78, for the first time ever. This comes after Bernanke and his pals at the Federal Reserve have continued Alan Greenspan’s process of printing money to satisfy the whims of government and economic officials wanting to save face and avoid paying the piper for bad policies.
Here’s a graph showing the Consumer Price Index (which shows the inflation of the dollar:
From wikipedia, here’s the value of the dollar since the birth of the nation:
Needless to say, why anybody would continue to invest in dollars is beyond me.